Monday 15 September 2014

60's/70's Makeup Tutorial

Well here we are again, one week later and it's Monday again.

Today I have a themed tutorial for you because as you may or may not know I was at a 60's/70's themed Sweet 16 at the weekend. (If you want to see some photos from the night you can do so by clicking here.) So, I thought that I would try to show you guys what I did makeup wise on Saturday night.

Some may argue that this isn't 60's/70's themed makeup but I wanted to go really bold and bright so even if this isn't bang on the style for this time era, here's a bold retro look for you!

As always links to the products will be included by clicking on the name where available.


As always moisturiser comes first! Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser


My current every day foundation is currently the Maybelline FIT Me in 125. Applied with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I did a detailled review of this product a while back, if you fancy reading you can do so here.


Benefit's Boi-ing Concealer to go under my eyes and on any unwanted blemishes. Applied with my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush


MUA Pressed Powder to set all of the liquid products applied with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.


I used a wee bit of bronzer just to add a bit of contour with my Borjois Bronzer and I applied this with my Bare Minerals Flawless Face Brush.


Next I added some of my MUA Blusher to my cheekbones. I applied slightly more than I would normally with it being themed but I did this with my Real Techniques Contour Brush.


Final step for my skin was to put on some of my High Beam Highlighter from Benefit. I added this with the provided brush and I applied it to my cheekbones and my browbone.


Starting with the eyes (sorry I have no picture of this specific stage I was in a rush and I forgot!) I used my Spectacular Cosmetics single eyeshadow in Florida (no link) and I applied this using my e.l.f. Professional Eyeshadow Brush. I applied this colour all over the lid quite heavily ready for the next stage.


This is the next colour eyeshadow I used from an old Bobbypin palette (no link) I can't find where you  can get this from now but I'm sure that you would be able to find something similar.


Although this looks really messy right now, this is what I did at this stage with the blue and I do fix it up later on in the process I promise!


Next I used my Natural Collection Liquid Eyelines (no link) to create the very thick winged eyeliner pictured below! 


Ta-Daah!


Now time to curl those lashes with my Tweezerman Eyelash Curlers!


Almost finished! My all-time favourite mascara, Benefit's They're Real.


Getting closer to the end! I fill my eyebrows in just a little bit to give them a little bit of extra shape with shade 3 from the MUA Undressed palette. If you would like to read a full review of this product, you can do so here.


I didn't want to go too bright on the lips due to how bold my eyes were so I just went with the Baby Lips in Cherry Me.



And there's your final look!

I want to apologise for the lack of photos and what probably feels like a lack of effort in this post but I came back from dancing and literally had an hour and a half to get hair, makeup and shower done before the party started so I was in a bit of a rush!

Hope you enjoyed it anyway and please stay tuned for my outfit for the party and also my hair which will be coming to a Trinket Box site near you very soon! ;)

Thanks again, 

Becca x





2 comments:

  1. Super cute! That blue really made your eyes pop. :3

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC