Saturday 7 March 2015

February Favourites


February Favourites
Well, there’s another month over and done with! Where has 2015 gone!? Yeah I know it’s only March but still, that’s a quarter of the way through the year already! I can’t be the only one that thinks it’s going really quickly! Moving onto a new month can only mean one thing… Monthly Faves time!!!

This is also a super duper long favourites this month, just as a pre-warning! 

Let’s get on with last month’s favourites then!

I’ve used nose strips before however, the last ones I used weren’t as good as these ones! These are the Skin Lite Nose Pore Cleansing Strips. I get a lot of blackheads on my nose, but nowhere else. I’m sure a lot of other people have that problem too. Blackheads are possibly the most annoyingly disgusting things that could appear on my face, I honestly hate them so much. I find it really hard to get rid of them, but with these strips, once you pull them off after the suggested 10-15 minutes, you can actually feel the blackheads being pulled out (sounds gross and painful but I promise it’s not) and you can then see them on the strip once you’ve pulled it off. That for me is one of the most satisfying things ever. It doesn’t quite get every single blackhead because that would be pretty impossible, at least with the amount that appear on my nose, but it does make a difference looking closely at your nose afterwards. This often makes your pores appear bigger and deeper but that’s just because they’ve been fully opened up after the removal of the blackheads.


Sticking with skincare, I’ve really been loving the Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel. I featured this in my Winter GRWM and I’ve been really loving it this month. It’s really nice to use after removing my makeup, it goes onto the skin really nicely and most importantly, it makes my face feel clean afterwards. I have so many cleansers but this is probably going to be one of my favourites because it’s so nice to use either in the shower or just over the sink on a morning or evening before going out or going to bed. Very quick to use with a little bit of water and a flannel.


I received a Montagne Jenessee Cucumber Face Mask in my stocking for Christmas and I’ve been waiting for a nice opportunity to use it and I decided that when I did my GRWM I was going to use it as you may have seen. I love these peel off masks because they don’t make your face ridiculously tight but they make you feel like it’s doing something to your skin. Of course, the best part of using a peel off mask is when you get to peel it off! It’s like being in first school again, deliberately covering your fingers in PVA glue and waiting for it to dry just so you can peel it off! Anyway, I also really like how my skin feels after I’ve removed the mask because I always feel really clean and refreshed which is a really nice feeling to have.


As you may remember, over the period of Christmas and my birthday, I received a lot of Soap and Glory products so I thought I’d mention something I received then that I’ve really been loving. II can’t get enough of this Hand Dream! I’ve never been a huge fan of hand creams because I don’t really get dry hands and I find it really frustrating when it doesn’t sink in quick enough and I have to wait for that greasy feeling to go away. However, Hand Dream Super Cream has completely changed my opinion on hand cream! This tube comes everywhere with me now and I love it to bits. It smells lovely, the bottle isn’t overly huge and it doesn’t take an ice age to sink in!!! That’s probably the best part about it!


The next Soap and Glory Product I’ve actually had for a while now but I’ve recently been using more often, specifically on my legs. This is The Scrub of Your Life and it literally is the best scrub I’ve used! It has quite large exfoliating particles but it feels so nice on the skin and this scrub also lathers up too so I guess it acts as a soap and a scrub all in one! Even better! I’ve been getting quite dry skin on my legs recently as a result of being on my knees and dancing a lot so I’ve been trying to exfoliate and moisturise more to try and solve or at least minimize that problem, and this product has really helping.


Sticking with shower products, I also want to talk about a LUSH product that I received for Christmas. I believe the So White shower gel was a Christmas shower gel if I’m thinking of the right thing. Anyway, it smells AMAZING and I’ve loved using this in the shower. I love the smell of apples and this shower gel could just be pure apple juice in a bottle for all I care! The only thing I will say about this product is it’s very watery which is slightly annoying but it still lathers lovely and obviously, leaves my skin smelling amazing as well as looking quite good too as it has a hint of shimmer in it too! Perfect for using in the shower before going out somewhere!


Finally on the skincare front and also going back to Soap and Glory is the Wash Your Hands of It soap. Sorry for so much Soap and Glory but it was pretty much inevitable with the amount I received this year! I’ve loved using this soap to wash my hands lately, it smells really nice and I think it looks quite cute sitting by the sink – totally not relevant but oh well, it does! This soap also doesn’t dry your hands out either which sometimes I find particular soaps do that to me so this one is perfect for that!


Moving onto makeup now, I’ve recently joined the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer band wagon. So late on this product I know, but just to redeem myself I tried the foundation about a year and a half ago so I’m not completely behind! This concealer is literally the best thing since sliced bread! I’ve fallen head over heels for it! I find it really illuminating which is great for covering dark circles under my eyes, which I have a lot more of than I can account for! It also has really good coverage and pigmentation making it super easy to apply and it stays on really well all day. It’s also super easy to slip in your makeup bag for when you’re on the go and I just love it! That’s all I can really say! It’s an amazing product I say!


The next makeup product I want to talk about I know I’ve talked about loads before but it’s the MUA Lipstick in Shade 11. I think this colour is just super easy to wear, it’s not too bold but it looks good with anything and it also stays on really well which is always a good thing for me in a lipstick because lipstick just seems to fall off my mouth somehow… It’s really pigmented and just looks really pretty on the lips. I love it, can’t say much more really!



The final makeup favourite I want to talk about is the huge e.l.f. palette I received for Christmas. I love e.l.f. I just wish it was available in physical shops in the UK! My friend sent this to me from the US and I absolutely love it. There are so many colours in this one palette and it isn’t even that big of a palette! There’s probably every colour under the sun in there and it’s just perfect. All of the colours have really nice pigmentation and consistency and there is a range of matte, shimmer and glitter shades so there’s something for everyone. There’s also a huge range of light and dark colours so you can range from really simplistic and natural to much more dramatic which is perfect in a palette like this because it makes it so versatile which I love.



Sticking with e.l.f. I have also been loving 3 of their Shimmer Glosses. The 3 pictured look quite similar but they all look really lovely on the lips. I don’t find these too sticky and the consistency is just generally really nice. They have a doe-foot applicator which I like best for lipglosses as it makes them so much easier to apply with or without a mirror, at least that’s what I think. Applying a lip product without a mirror is never easy but I find these type of applicators make it slightly easier! There is obviously a tiny bit of shimmer in these but it’s nothing too dramatic. The colour also isn’t too bright either so they’re all more natural than bright and bursting with colour which I prefer.


Now I’m going to discuss 2 Benefit products that I’ve been loving this month. This is the Benefit They’re Real mascara and eyeliner duo. I’ve been loving the mascara for about a year now as you may or may not know, but the liner was a new one for me this Christmas and I’ve never looked back. The push-up applicator makes application so much easier and quicker. It’s perfect for anyone starting out in winged eyeliner and I honestly don’t think I’ll be changing eyeliners anytime soon. The mascara is just amazing. I’ve loved it for ages now, it volumises slightly better than it lengthens but it still looks really nice on. The extra part on the end of the applicator also makes it so much easier to get right into the corner lashes.


Moving away from makeup I want to talk about the Zoella Body Mist. I received this for my Christmas off a friend and it has been my everyday scent since then. Considering I’ve worn it most days for about 2 months with top ups throughout the day, I still have so much left which makes me extremely happy. This mist has a really fresh scent and it smells exactly how I would expect Zoe to smell. That was a weird comment but you know what I mean! The packaging is also super cute and I love the way it looks sitting on top of my dressing table.


Now it’s time for the random favourites!

I’ve been trying to read this book for so long and I’m still only half way through it’s just so hard to find the time to actually sit down and read it! It’s such a good story line though! For anyone who doesn’t know, this is the second book in The Maze Runner series so you would need to read The Maze Runner before but I highly recommend reading this series, such a gripping book with what I will openly admit is a really weird story line and it does scare me sometimes but I’m still reading it which can only be a good thing, I haven’t given up despite having no time to read it!


A piece of jewellery I’ve been loving this month is this Hasma Hand anklet that I ordered from Dainty Day Dream the other month. I love this anklet to death, it’s so simple but looks so pretty and I really can’t wait for summer because I think this will look really nice with some flip flops or sandals and shorts. In case you didn’t see it, I did a post including a discount code for Dainty Day Dream jewellery. If you are interested in getting a 20% discount from this company, please click here and you will be diverted to the post I did including the link for the Dainty Day Dream website as well as the code you need to use. 


The next favourite of this month are my lantern fairy lights that I have on my bedroom window. I bought these from Primark for £6 which was an absolute bargain and I think these lights are super pretty. They really add a lot of effect to my room at night. They even look pretty during the day which is obviously a bonus!


Another decor favourite is this Prosecco candle from Urban Outfitters. This candle literally smells amazing, I'm awful at describing smells so just go to Urban Outfitters, find this candle and smell if for yourself. I think it's quite a sweet scent so if that's not what you like then this might not be for you but go give it a sniff anyway, Urban Outfitters have a really good range of candles at the minute so go have a look!


I said right at the start of the year that I was going to get organised, so the next 2 favourites are as a result of that promise I made to myself! The first is my diary, I have used this to write absolutely everything in lately and it has helped me stay so organised!


The second form of organisation this month has been post-its. I’ve used post-its a lot this month to remind me about things etc. and I’ve actually forgotten my books etc. a lot less by using these! So I think using this is a positive thing for me and I’m going to continue with it in the run up to my exams!


Woah, that was a really long favourites! I hope you enjoyed it none the less and well done if you got this far!

See you next time,

Love, Becca

-xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I love Zoella's perfume - and that palette looks fabulous!

    Edie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Zoella perfume is my life right now! It's so good, perfect for any look you could think of! x

      Delete
  2. I love that face wash and mascara too! Good choices :)

    specsandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, cool blog, interesting post - added you to my favorites ! Visit my new blog at http://its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk/ whenever you got time !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post :) I love your blog!! kiss Xx
    http://loryschannelmakeupandbeauty.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your reviews, they're so in depth and your style of writing is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means a lot to me! xxx

      Delete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC