Friday 15 August 2014

Book Review: Mockingjay

TGIF!

Time for the last part of The Hunger Games Trilogy Reviews!



If you've been following this since Wednesday then you will know that I have already reviewed The Hunger Games (book 1 of 3 which you can now read here) and Catching Fire (book 2 of 3 which you can read here).

Today I'm going to be reviewing the final book of the series, Mockingjay. Like I said in my Catching Fire review, when ending Catching Fire, it was almost impossible not to pick up Mockingjay because of the way Catching Fire ended. Catching Fire ended on such a cliff hanger as soon as I finished it I immediately picked up Mockingjay and thoroughly enjoyed reading it.



I will admit that I did get lost and confused quite a lot when reading this book but I enjoyed it all the same. I think Mockingjay has a more complicated storyline than the previous 2 books so it's slightly harder to follow but once you get past those bits, it's a really good book.

Like I've said in the last 2 reviews, you are still following Katniss and Peeta all the way through this novel although Peeta is not around for a short while but I will say no more or I'll spoil it for you! The fact that Peeta isn't around for most of the first part makes the book all that more interesting because you're constantly asking yourself 'well where is he?' 'What happened to him?' Which I think is what made me keep reading.

I mentioned in my The Hunger Games review that it was following this love story which creates so many questions throughout the books. I got to the end of Mockingjay and I have to admit I was slightly disappointed. So many of my questions hadn't been answered even by the end of 3 books.
There is a little extra section after the book has finished that tells you where Katniss and Peeta are 10-15 years later but that to me, isn't quite the way I wanted the book to end. In my opinion, I feel like it ended too abruptly and I wanted it to go on slightly longer just to answer a few more questions etc.
I heard a rumour that there's a 4th book? I have no idea if that's true or not but if it is I need to read it because I want to know what happens next! There probably isn't a 4th one I've probably just heard some utter rubbish somewhere but please tell me if there is!

I haven't seen Catching Fire the film and I've done that deliberately because I wanted to read all the books first and then I want to watch all 3 films one after the other when they all come out on DVD (which is ages away but I don't care) so I can see how the films compare to the books.

If anyone is interested I believe Mockingjay comes out in cinemas in November - correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I seem to recall.

Although I had some confusion and the book didn't end the way I wanted it to, I still really enjoyed reading the 3 books and the fact that I read all 3 in 10 days when I'm not a big reader shows how much I enjoyed them!

I hope you enjoyed this little series, I will be back to beauty and fashion stuff this weekend but I do like to throw in something slightly different every now and again just to try and keep everyone happy!

See you at the weekend!

Bec x

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC