Monday 15 December 2014

Becca's Top Tips To Blogging | BLOGMAS Day 15

Bonjour!

Today I thought I'd take a few minutes to sit down and write about some of the things I do to keep myself motivated to keep blogging and what I feel keeps my readers coming back! 

In no way am I saying that I'm a pro blogger or anything, I just want to share some of my personal tips with you guys for anyone who is struggling or for anyone who is thinking about starting up a blog!

I hope this is helpful to someone!

One

Keep a schedule
This is one is SO important in my opinion - I know I went through I stage of failing my personal schedule and after BLOGMAS is over, I probably won't be back to it, but I try my best. Having a schedule allows your readers to know when and what you're going to be posting so they can look forward to what you have coming up and they can set reminders to come online when you are due to have a post up. I promise I will get back to my 4 posts a week schedule as soon as possible - BLOGMAS is proving hard at the moment with GCSE's cutting in quick!

Two

Tell everyone!
Be proud of your blog! I hid my blog from everyone I knew until about 3 months ago and being 100% honest with you, telling my friends and the people at school was the best decision I ever made. I've had a lot of support from people at school and as you saw on my Winter Lookbook yesterday, my friends are even featuring in my blog a lot more! Yeah some people don't like it and probably make fun behind my back but that happens everyday in life. Be proud of what you have created - you blog for yourself, no one else. 

Three

Write about things YOU want to write about
This is probably the most important part about being a blogger. If you're not going to post about anything you like, your posts are going to be dry and your readers will get just as bored as you were writing it. Yeah, you do have to think about what your readers would like to see but it's also so important that you think about yourself too. Otherwise, it's not your blog. It's like pretending to be something you're not so just give it all you've got and do what YOU want to do! Your readers want to know who you are. How else will they do that without you being you in your posts?

Four

Social Media
I created a Facebook page for my blog about 2 months ago and it's actually helped me out a lot. It only has 50 likes which I know isn't huge but if 50 other people see when I've published something new it increases my audience. Social media is also a great way to get in touch with other bloggers, I know I've found a lot of the bloggers I follow and communicate with through things like Instagram and Twitter which is so nice because it's nice to see other people who are interested in the same things as you!

Five

Don't think too much about your followers or your blog traffic. I used to do this so much at the start but to be honest, it doesn't bother me anymore. I'm not going to lie and say I don't get excited when I get a new follower or I hit a new milestone in my pageviews but that isn't all that matters. I think some bloggers get into it because they want to be huge like Zoella but lets be honest, there's thousands of bloggers out there and we can't all be as famous as Zoe! It takes time to build up your blog, these things don't just happen over night! My blog is just about to hit 12,000 pageviews and I'm over the moon with that! I'd be happy if it stayed that way! Enjoy it now, don't think about what you're going to do with it if you get huge because that's not what it's about.



I hope this was slightly helpful and I hope you all enjoyed it none the less!

Day 16 tomorrow!

Bec x


No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC