Sunday 1 February 2015

Washing my Brushes

 
 
Another post because, why not!?
 
I wrote this post a while ago but I thought I'd put it up tonight because I thought it would be a nice little one to start the week with since it's Monday tomorrow and I have a dance exam...cry.
 
I thought today I’d do a post about my brush washing routine. It isn’t that interesting or exciting to be honest but I’ve seen a lot of other bloggers do this post and I thought I’d share my brush routine with you!
The first thing I do is collect all of my dirty brushes together and grab some Fairy liquid from the kitchen downstairs. Normally I would use something like a baby shampoo or gentle hand soap but I didn’t have any of that when I was cleaning them and they desperately needed cleaning so I couldn’t wait! If you are wanting to buy a product that you can use to clean your brushes, try a baby shampoo like the Johnson’s one for example. It’s gentle and does the job!
 
Once I’ve gathered all of my stuff together, I go to the bathroom and warm up some water in the sink. I tend to keep the tap running when I’m washing them rather than filling the sink up because then you just end up with really dirty water.


 
I wet the brush first, put a dollop (I love that word, dollop) of Fairy liquid on the bristles of the brush and I rub the brush in circles on the palm of my hand. Every 5-10 seconds or so I run my hand under the tap to get all the dirty makeup off before returning to cleaning the brush.
Once I feel the brush has been lathered enough, I stick it under the tap to rinse it off. Squeeze it out and then place it on a towel or flannel ready on the floor to start drying while you clean the rest.
 
That’s basically all I do and I repeat this step for each brush. Some brushes take longer to clean depending on how often they’ve been used since their last clean. This batch actually took me a lot longer than I thought because I may have left it a little too long without cleaning my brushes…smack me on the back of the hand, I know it’s so bad but I have such a busy schedule it’s hard to find the time.
 
Then you’re done and you have clean brushes! I love how new my brushes look when they’re freshly washed – it’s like Christmas!
 
Happy washing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC