Thursday 5 February 2015

January Favourites

Happy February!

So, slightly late on the band wagon with my January Favourites but I thought I’d do it anyway. I've never actually done a favourites post here before so it’ll be a nice change and I guess if it goes well then this could be a monthly thing!

The first products I want to talk about aren't really beauty or fashion related but I want to include them anyway because I have been LOVING them this month! It’s the candles from Urban Outfitters. 2 of my friends got me 2 of these candles for my birthday as shown in my birthday haul which you can read here. Honestly, these 2 candles have been on so much since I got them because they honestly smell so nice! I have the Prosecco one and the Blueberry and Vanilla one and they both smell gorgeous! I believe you can get these in any Urban Outfitters store for about £6.


The second more random favourite for this month is the Collabro album. You may have seen in my Christmas Haul that this was a present I received from Father Christmas and I've honestly listened to it non-stop since I got it and I can’t wait to go see them live THIS MONTH!! In a matter of days! There will be a post with plenty of photos of that just in case you were wondering!


Pretty. Little. Liars. That is all that needs to be said. The most amazing TV series I have watched since Gossip Girl – which you can read about here. My friends started watching it and they kept telling me how good it was and so, I made the mistake of starting to watch it and now all I want to do is sit and watch it 24/7! I’m still on season 2 so please, no spoilers if you’re further on than me! I won’t give any spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it either but what I will say is if you don’t watch it, you need to get on Netflix immediately and get watching! I will not take any responsibility for addiction…


The final more random favourite I want to talk about from January is a book. I haven’t talked about a book on my blog for quite a while now, I think the last time was when I read The Hunger Games Trilogy back in August. However, I got The Maze Runner series for Christmas and the first book ‘The Maze Runner’ is honestly AMAZING! I absolutely loved reading it and couldn't put it down until it was finished. I haven’t seen the film as I didn't want to until I’d read the book but now I really want to see the film! I've also now started the second book in the series ‘The Scorch Trials’. There will be a full review of all the books in the series once I get round to finishing them!


Now I guess I’ll move on to the beauty and fashion related favourites!

Makeup wise I've been absolutely LOVING the Bourjois HealthyMix foundation. I believe I wrote about this foundation a while ago in a ‘FavouriteFoundations’ post and I’m still loving it now! I find that this foundation is one of very few products that doesn't break me out in thousands of pimples and spots. I've been lucky and I've never really had many spots but some foundations do definitely break me out. However, with the Healthy Mix one, I've honestly never had any problems with it and it smells amazing which is always a bonus! It’s so affordable too which is obviously a good thing when you’re on a budget!


I've also been loving Benefit’s They’re Real Push-Up Liner. I received this for Christmas after I asked for it because I love the They’re Real Mascara and I’ve only heard good things about the liner and it’s honestly the best eyeliner I've ever used. So easy for winged eyeliner as it’s a pen so if you need something to practice your winged liner with I highly recommend this one because it’s so easy to use. The only problem I have with this product and I know I’m not the only one as my friend has the same problem, is that the eyeliner itself is almost impossible to get off! I never really understood why they made a remover specifically for the They’re Real eye range, now I do! It takes quite a while to get it fully off as I find I just end up spreading it around my face! However other than this it’s an all-round great product and I love it.


The final beauty product I want to talk about is the UrbanDecay NAKED palette. As some of you may know as shown in my Christmas Haul, I was very lucky and received Urban Decay’s first NAKED palette and I've fallen in love with it! I use it every time I wear eyeshadow which at the moment, isn't very often just because I’m lazy but when I have the time and can be bothered with spending time on my face, I go straight to this palette. I know I’m so behind on the NAKED train…wow that sounded weird…but now I have boarded the NAKED train…even weirder…and I’m never getting off! I really need another analogy… The best eyeshadow palette I own and now I want number 2 and 3! If you want to see a full review of the NAKED palette, not like you won’t have read hundreds before, please let me know in the comments!


Moving onto fashion now… I promised you guys a haul ages ago and I promise I will get round to it because I did quite a lot of shopping after Christmas and my Birthday I just haven’t had the time to photograph the stuff or write it up properly yet but I promise it’s coming! These pants that I’m about to talk about will also be on said haul but I’m going to throw them in here because why not!? These pants have literally been my best friend since the day I bought them which I believe was in York. They’re from Miss Selfridge and they were £25 which some people may think is quite expensive for a pair of leggings but they’re really good quality and they’re so pretty! I find them so easy to wear because they’re monochrome and they’re also so comfy and soft which is a huge bonus for me! Well done Miss Selfridge!



My second fashion favourite is kind of general… I've really been liking midi-pencil skirts and dresses. I own 2 midi skirts which are pencil style and I think I now own 2 midi-pencil dresses and I honestly love them to death. I think you can dress them up really nicely as I wore one to my Enterprise Day at school where I had a mock job interview and so had to dress appropriately. But, I also think they can be worn really nice casually as well which is always nice with an item of clothing. Both dresses are from BooHoo, the black skirt is from New Look and the grey skirt is from Miss Selfridge.


My final fashion favourite are my “Timberlands” inverted commas are necessary as these are actually from Primark! I bought these back in September or October, I can’t remember but I've honestly worn them to death over the Autumn and Winter seasons. They’re so easy to throw on, so warm and comfy and they go with almost everything! I can’t really fault the quality too much either to be totally honest, obviously the quality won’t be anywhere near as good as a brand such as Timberland but they seem to be holding out pretty well and for £15 I can’t really complain!


The last favourite of January on my list is actually a food… I wasn't sure if it classed as in the random favourites or not so I thought I’d just throw it in at the end instead! My mum has been bugging me for a while now about eating more fruit and so, she went out and bought some bananas, apples, oranges etc. but what I've really been addicted to this month is pears. I go through stages of eating one every day and then I forget how much I like them and don’t eat any for ages. This month pears have been my favourite thing to eat and I suppose that isn't a bad thing really, they’re good for you! Maybe that’s motivated you to eat healthier…maybe…


I hope you enjoyed reading about my favourite things from January and I hope to see you at the end of February/start of March knowing me and my timing if you would like to see another favourites post!


Thanks again for reading guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC