Saturday 21 March 2015

DIY T-Shirt Shaping

It's the weekend, praise the lord. 

I want to start of this post by saying that I'm sorry I've not been on here posting as much as I would have liked to recently but it's honestly so hard to find the time to just sit down and write at the moment. GCSE final exams are coming up in about 6 weeks for me and I have A LOT of work to do. So, as a result of this bad timing I don't think I'm going to be blogging as much as I have been recently. I think it'll probably be the way it's been the past 2 weeks, i.e. 1 post a week at the weekend because that's all I have time for right now, I hope you guys understand.

However, all of my exams are finished by the 12th of June so I have 11 weeks of summer so I promise you will hear plenty of me during those 11 weeks! 

Anyway, onto today's post! I thought I'd do a little DIY that I came up with a while ago actually, but I did it again this week and so I thought I'd blog about it!

I had a dance show on Wednesday, it was a festival so I was only in 1 dance but we needed to wear a bright top. I found this slouchy orange t-shirt sitting in my wardrobe and thought it would be perfect - ignore the fact I look like I'm fresh out of Orange Is The New Black.

However, I don't like t-shirts that come too far up my neck because I feel like I'm being strangled. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but if it's too tight around my neck I can't deal with it and have to cut it or not wear it. Weird, I know. 

So, I decided to cut the neck to make it looser and also made it look a lot nicer in my opinion. Here's the tutorial! 


So here's the t-shirt before all the damage was done!...

This is all you will need for this DIY. :)

The first thing I would always suggest doing is making a dotted line with your pen where you are going to cut. I've missed this step out before and I promise you it didn't end well. Don't be silly like me!

Then just whip out the scissors and cut off the section you want! Take your time though, you can't stick it back on once it's off!

And that's the finished look!

All I did to finish this off was roll up the sleeves. In the past I've also cut the sleeves off too so if you want to do that go for it! I just didn't feel like it so I rolled them instead! Still looks just as good!

And that's all it is! This literally takes 2 minutes to do and you can play about with it however you like! I think the rough cut edge adds a bit of a rustic look to the shirt which is a bit different. 

I hope you liked this and I will see you all again soon!

Love, Becca
-xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC