Monday 24 August 2015

Holiday Favourites

I don't feel like I use enough new products each month to do a monthly favourites every month, so I thought I'd put a bit of a twist on it and do a holiday favourites instead because I feel that the products I use on holiday are slightly different to what I would use at home. 
So, I brought together all my favourite holiday go-tos and put them in a post for you so I hope you enjoy it!

2 things I found myself constantly reaching for while I was away were my 2 NAKED Palettes. I have the original and number 3 and I absolutely love them both to death. They each have 12 different shades mixing matte, shimmer and glitter all into one palette. They are super versatile and they fit into your luggage really easily. I'm thinking of doing a couple of posts with a bunch of different looks you can make from these palettes so let me know in the comments if that is something you would like to see.

Staying on with eyes I was also loving my Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in 'Metallic Pomegranate'. I found that this was really easy to put all over my lid when I was in a bit more of a hurry and it still looked really lovely. That's what I like most about this product, it is so easy to use so it's perfect for when you're in a rush. I think I'm going to invest in getting some more colours of these because they are so quick and easy.

You may have seen in one of my recent Pink Parcel Box Opening posts that I received the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess mascara. I have honestly fallen head over heels in love with this product. I am a sucker for mascaras, I think I have more mascaras than any other makeup product in my collection. This mascara goes onto the lashes so easily and it creates a really full looking eye. It also isn't a very wet mascara. That sounds extremely weird but I know some of you will definitely know what I'm talking about. However, it is definitely NOT waterproof as I have discovered. Still, I have loved using this so far and I will continue to love it until I use it all up!

My one and only MAC lipstick, Candy Yum-Yum. I absolutely love this colour, however I have found it really hard to wear. I decided that I was going to take it on holiday with me because if you can't be bold and bright on holiday where can you? In the end I ended up loving the colour, however I wasn't applying it straight from the tip as I found the colour was too strong that way and so I used the brush that I am going to talk about below to give a more subtle coating. Other than the brightness, I love the consistency of the lipstick and the staying power is pretty good, not amazing for food and drink but it is good enough. I also love the smell of it. That's one thing I really like about MAC is that their products always seem to smell really nice.

And the brush that I have been enjoying using to apply my MAC lipstick is the Real Techniques Retractable Lip Brush. I hadn't really used this much until I decided to try it with my MAC lipstick because up until then I just applied the product straight from the tip with other lipsticks. Since trying this I have been loving using a brush to apply lipstick in general. It gives really accurate application of the product meaning there is a little less need for lip liner and it also applies the product evenly across the lips really well. The bristles on the brush are also really soft but very compact and dense to create the perfect application.

The final lip product I was really loving was my Revlon Colour Burst in 'Juicy Papaya'. I have loved this lip butter for a really long time now. The consistency is more like a gloss than a lipstick which I think is really nice because it has a nice glossy finish rather than a matte one. It's also a really lovely colour and isn't as bright as it appears. I find it is buildable to an extent but it can't be made completely opaque, or at least I haven't been able to do that with it. Still, a really lovely product and it's a perfect colour for holiday tans! 

I'm sure this foundation appears in every single favourites post I do... Sorry if you're bored of hearing about it but it has been my favourite foundation for a really long time now and other than my Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 foundation (which is too light now I have a tan) I haven't really found anything that matches up to it. I don't know if its the fruit extracts in it or what but this foundation doesn't break me out, it doesn't irritate my skin, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin and it gives pretty decent coverage if you layer it right. Overall I think it's one of the best drugstore foundations out there and if you haven't tried it I really suggest you do. Oh, and it's by Bourjois if you couldn't see the top.

Another product I received in one of my Pink Parcel boxes is this Bella Pierre pot of something. I'm not entirely sure what it's meant to be as it doesn't specify, however from the colour my first guess was a loose eyeshadow. However, I had it sat next to my Benefit High Beam and they are pretty much the same colour, just one is a powder and one is a liquid. So, as a result of this discovery I decided to try this as a highlighter and God forbid it works brilliantly! Whatever it is is in the shade 'Bubble Gum' and is a very glittery light pink powder. You don't need much of this at all to create a shimmery highlight. Too much will make you look like Edward Cullen in the sun.

Onto my fashion favourites of the holiday I was absolutely loving my TopShop cat-eye sunglasses. I bought these specifically for going away and I have been absolutely loving wearing them. I haven't had cat-eye sunglasses before but I really like they way they look and I feel they suit my face quite well. Brilliant for keeping those harmful rays out of your eyes whilst looking fabulous all at the same time!

This is something that I wear an awful lot at home as well as when I'm away but I wore this pretty much every night while I was away, give or take a few. It's so simple yet the sparkle adds something more to the outfit. It's by far my favourite necklace so well done Matt, you have good jewellery sense!

One thing we all wear on holiday is flip flops! I picked up 2 pairs really cheap from Primark for just £1 each which of course is a complete bargain. I wasn't expecting too much from them due to the price but they have been the comfiest things ever for the past 2 weeks! The toe post doesn't rub at all and they take the shape of your feet really well making them extremely comfy. Flip flops in general are so easy to slip on making them perfect for holidays. Another thing they helped with was the hot floor, no one wants burnt feet!

Final fashion favorite is this playsuit from H&M. My mum picked this up for me in the sale a few days before we went away and I absolutely love it. I think I wore it 2 or 3 times through the whole holiday because it was super easy to put on and it looked like I'd put in a lot more effort than I actually had. My only issue with playsuits is the toilet issue and I'm sure we can all agree on that one!

My final favourite of my holiday in Mallorca is books. I read 4 books in the 2 weeks I was away (I'm a really quick reader) and I just really got into every single one of them and enjoyed being able to live in someone else's life for a little while. That's one thing I've enjoyed about being off school because I don't have time to read what I want to read during term time so it's nice to be able to read some good books and not have to think about school until September! 


And that's everything I was loving on holiday! I really hope you enjoyed this post and I will see you again very soon!

Have you been away on holiday? What are your holiday favourites?

Love, Becca
-xoxo







18 comments:

  1. That Mac lipstick is super bright, I don't think I'll be able to get away with it in dreary and dull England! I'm loving the photos you've taken in this- is it by the pool? I love experimenting with new things when I'm on holiday, I have no idea why!
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous colour, but definitely for the summer! Yeah it is, it looked really nice and I took advantage of it! So do I, I think it's just nice to try something new when you're away! x

      Delete
  2. Great favourites - I love that necklace! Also, these a fab photos!

    Tash Xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different looks you can use the pallates for would be something I would be interested in reading x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so jealous of you and your naked 3 palette :(( I've seen that mascara floating around, it looks beautiful! Lovely post as always ♥

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All very good products that I would highly recommend x

      Delete
  5. That Mac lipstick is so pretty! I really want a brush to apply lipstick, I used to have one but then I lost it. I have metallic pomegranate too and after I bought it I was like 'what the hell why I'll never wear this' but recently I have been loving it! I really want the Naked 2 palette but I'm waiting till someone I know is in an airport so I can get them to get it for me in Duty Free because I want to pay less like you did!x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely suggest the Real Techniques one its so good! I think the metallic pomegranate is really pretty, but I wasn't sure at first like you said! Duty free is the best!! Xx

      Delete
  6. I literally cannot wear a lipstick without a lip brush it looks so much neater. The necklace is really gorgeous.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia! It is so much easier I don't know why I've not done it sooner!

      Delete
  7. Love love those sunglasses! I also really love the original naked palette, it's my fave out of the three :)

    Just Little Things xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma! It's a very good staple! x

      Delete
  8. I also have the original naked palette, and no matter how many times I try out eyeshadow looks. I look horrendous, literally like I’ve been punched in the eye haha but it looks super on other people (criessss) By the way, the pictures are super cool and crisp!! Love it

    Ambra x fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it takes practice to be honest, my first attempts really weren't anything to shout about! Thank you Ambra! x

      Delete
  9. The photography for this post is so amazing! Love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC