Friday 25 September 2015

Day Out In York

So, I'm currently feeling like the worst blogger in the world...

I haven't posted anything in about 2 weeks and honestly I can say this without any lie, there isn't one day I haven't thought about how bad of a blogger I am for leaving my blog to die for so long, I hope you can all forgive me.
Going back to school has really taken it's tole on me and I've honestly been so busy and I've also had a really nasty virus which I still have now but I am feeling a lot better. So, it's safe to say I just really haven't had the time to do anything and I don't know how long it's going to be that way for.
I'm sure a lot of you guys will be in the same position as me and if so I really hope you can see where I'm coming from in the matter that I have had so much school work and I really just haven't been very well at all.
This post I actually wrote about a month ago but I wanted to put something up for you tonight because I felt it had been way to long and then I realised I hadn't yet put this up so this is what you're getting tonight I'm afraid! At least it's something!
I hope you enjoy it and I hope you don't all hate me for abandoning my blog for so long because I love you all very much and I hate leaving my blog for such a long time.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this post and don't hesitate to contact me through social media or through the comments because who knows when my next update will be! Hopefully not too long, mwah x



York is possibly my favourite town in the UK if I'm being completely honest. It's so cute, has pretty decent shops and it has all the history that still stands stronger than a lot of other cities. Yes, all cities have cathedrals that are years and years old but York just has a really historical feel about it and it makes me really happy. Who doesn't love York I mean come on...

I went to York on a day trip with some of my closest friends a little while ago and I decided I would do a little post about it. Slightly out of date but you guys don't mind! As always, this is a lifestyle day out type of post so there are going to be a lot of photos to explain the day really! 

The weather was pretty rubbish but you can never guarantee good weather in the UK because it's just so unpredictable, even in the middle of August. But, we still managed to make it a fun filled day, but it did get very stressful very quickly... I'll explain at the end...

So I guess we'll start from the very beginning at Newcastle Central Station at 8.30 in the morning, Starbucks in hand, of course.






And then we arrived!




I believe this is the River Ouse but I'm not a local so I'm probably wrong.


This is possibly one of my favourite parts of York, the Minster, it's just so pretty and I love it a lot.



Of course having such a beautiful photo feature meant we had to take multiple photos with it...









And into the Shambles! Possibly the cutest part of the town!


When there's a Nando's, you just have to go!




And that's about all the photos we took because it was too rainy to whip our phones out.

I hope you enjoyed this post because we had a lovely day.

Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you about our stressful end to the day! We got lost basically and caught our train with about a minute to spare. We went the complete wrong way and ended up asking multiple people, including Siri, where we were and how we were meant to get back to the train station. It was extremely stressful because I think we had all accepted the fact we were going to miss our train by the 10 minute warning for our train and we still weren't at the station. Lesson to be learnt: leave plenty of time to get to the train station.

Have you ever been to York?

Anyway, until next time! 

Love, Becca
-xoxo























10 comments:

  1. York looks so nice Becca. I completely understand your stress at the minute, I'm in the same position right now. A levels are such a big jump from GCSE we just need to get used to it and then maybe we'll start managing our time a bit better. I hope you feel better too, I've had a bit of a bug recently xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just way too much right now and being ill at the same time really hasn't made the transition any easier. Hope I get better at this! X

      Delete
  2. Don't feel bad about not blogging, people understand! York looks so nice, I really should go.

    Tash Xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tash, you really should it's a lovely place x

      Delete
  3. Fab post! Don't feel bad about not blogging, I've also had to take two weeks off but school and life in general has to come first! Hope you've recovered from that nasty virus! Love Daisy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have to come first you're completely right, I'm on the mend now so hopefully I'll be back to my old self by next week! Thanks Daisy x

      Delete
  4. Don't worry about not blogging, I can totally understand- I felt the exact same way as when I was abroad and had no time to blog. We'll all be here waiting for you when you have enough time to blog again Becca :) I really have to venture out of London and explore more places up North as I don't think I've ever done so before and these photos are super tempting. You could honestly pass off as sisters/twins with one of your friends too. Your eye makeup looks perfect!
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad everyone seems to understand, guess we all just have to be patient with each other! No matter what people say, the North is a lovely place to be sometimes! Everyone says we could be twins... X

      Delete
  5. I completely get how you feel! It's so hard to actually find the time to blog, don't worry about it too much lovely. I hate a levels ah. Looks like you had such a lovely time, York looks beautiful.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad people understand! It takes over completely! It is a lovely little place to visit x

      Delete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC