Thursday 3 September 2015

The Self Love 13 Challenge

I don't do tags and challenges very often on this blog, but when I was tagged in this one by the lovely Dalal, I fell in love with it and you will soon understand why, if you don't know what it's about already.
We all know what 'self love' is but the reality is, none of us ever really do it, think about it, talk about it, whatever. It is so hard to say things that you love about yourself in society these days because 9 times out of 10, you'll get judged for it. And if you don't, half the time society has already 'labelled' it as something that you shouldn't love. To me, this is completely wrong. 
I have written so many posts on this blog now about confidence and society, specifically aimed at teenage girls because I honestly feel so strongly about it. One day I am going to change it. Or that's the goal at least. Anyway, as I was saying, I wanted to do this tag and not only follow the 'tag 13 other bloggers' rule, but also tag everyone reading this right now to do it themselves. Leave it in the comments, tweet it, make a Facebook status, Instagram it. Whatever you want to do, please give this a go, even if you aren't a girl, boys can join in on this too! 
I'm going to put every time I say the word love in italics just to emphasise the love here. Someone please count this for me I think it's going to be used a lot! 
Here we go...

The Rules:
Write 13 things you love about yourself.
Tag 13 other bloggers to do this challenge.
Share with the hashtag '#selflovechallenge13'.




1. I love the fact that I suit my hair both really long and really short. It doesn't really look bad either way!

2. I love the colour of my eyes, I'm constantly told how blue they are and I didn't actually notice it until recently, but they are really blue! 

3. I love my smile. I think my teeth are really white and I'm really lucky to have quite straight teeth naturally. I mean, they aren't perfect but they quite straight and it's all natural.

4. I love that I'm naturally quite a motivated and driven person. You don't normally have to ask me twice to do something I need or want to do. Tidying my room is a different story however, ask my mum.

5. I love that I'm genuinely interested in a lot of things. I've always been one for joining in with things and it has only brought me good things in life. 

6. I love how proud I am of this blog for getting this far. 300 followers and almost 40,000 views may not be much to some, but to me that is insane and I'm proud of it.

7. I love that I'm not the type of person who gives up. I struggled with a lot of things, I'm mainly talking about school here, but I managed to pull through even when I really wanted to give up.

8. I love that I can be nice to people even when I am at rock bottom. It's so easy to be horrible to everyone when you're in a bad mood, but somehow I manage to keep it on the low when I'm around others. My parents may disagree with this... Maybe Matt too... They love me though...

9. I love that I voluntarily do things to help other people. I always look out for my friends and I do a lot of volunteer work as well as paid work, which I suppose isn't really volunteering but still, within my community. 

10. I love that I'm not horrifically bad at academic or creative subjects. I'm pretty decent at both so I have quite open choices when it comes to careers and subjects etc.

11. I love how organised I am. I have notebooks and folders for everything, I write lists as well. It just makes life so much easier and I'm glad I have OCD for organisation...

12. I love that although I'm not the most confident person in the world, I seem to have helped quite a few people with confidence issues through this post just by writing and talking to them. Blogs are wonderful things people.

13. I love my fashion sense. This is a weird one because I wouldn't say I have a distinctive style, but I just really like the types of clothes I go for. I don't know if this even counts but there you go, 13 things is a lot and it's hard! 

I think that last sentence says a lot about the reason I did this. We live in a world where it's hard to think of just 13 things we like about ourselves. I can count that on my fingers and toes. One day I promise this will change. That is my promise to you.

Now for the 13 lovely ladies I wish to tag! 

1. Daisy
2. Libby
3. Olivia
5. Freya
6. Chloe
7. Hetty
8. Nidhi
9. Terica
10. Kate
11. Nia
12. Jess
13. Hannah

Please if you do this tag, use the hashtag and tag me in it on Twitter or Instagram or whatever! My Twitter is '@beccemily' and my Instagram is '@beccacockburnx' so please let me see them! I want to read every single one! Even if you don't have a blog, do it anyway because we all need to share a bit of self love! 
How many loves did we have?

What do you love about yourself? 

Love, Becca
-xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I really want to do this tag, but I really cannot think of 13 things I love about my self. Very strange but I love this post! I found out a lot about you :)

    Ambra x fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Thank you Becca for the tag! But you forgot something so ill write it for you..

    14. I love my face because I'm drop dead gorgeous!<3

    Love the idea behind this, and I love all of the reasons you have written I completely agree with you! You should be very proud of all that you have accomplished! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy you're so sweet man omg, thanks chick x

      Delete
  3. Oh thank you Becca for nominating me. I loved reading this!:)x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to reading yours! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every single one of these things about you too

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC