Tuesday 3 November 2015

October Favourites

It feels like a really long time since I did a favourites post, saying that, it probably hasn't been that long but to me it feels like ages! 
I can't believe October has been and gone already! I've done 2 months of sixth form!? Time files when you're having fun, eh!? 

So, since it's been the end of another month I thought I'd share a few of the things I've been loving this month. There aren't as many things in this favourites as I normally have done in the past but there's a few things you may be interested in hearing about! 

Oh, and I apologise in advance for the varied lighting - the sun was not on my side whilst taking these photos... I guess it looks cool on some of them but I'll let you have your own opinion on that one...

I received these in one of my Pink Parcel boxes a couple of months back and they are the best things for taking eye makeup off and that is no exaggeration. I don't use these if I only have mascara on because I don't often have problems getting mascara off. I like to use them when I have eyeliner or a lot of eyeshadow on because it makes it so easy to get it off without irritating my eyes from scrubbing them so hard. 

From looking at this you would think I hadn't had it long, but I think I've had it for almost 2 years now... But I love it! Still going strong! This is the Strawberry Sorbet eos lip balm and if you have had an eos before you will understand how good they are. So moisturising and super quick and easy to use on the go. I've been using this a lot more recently now the colder months have come in and I've started to get chapped lips.

This is another product that I received in my Pink Parcel box a while ago and I think it's meant to be like a loose eyeshadow but I have been using it as a highlight. It doesn't specify what it is exactly so I think it's perfectly reasonable to use it for whatever purpose I fancy! 

One of my favourites for a while now is the One Direction Our Moment perfume. As you can quite clearly see, I haven't got much of this left! I started out just using it for special occasions because in my opinion, it's that kind of going out smell, but then I just got too obsessed with it recently and I've been using it probably 3-4 times a week. I cant describe scents for the life of me but it's a very girly and fresh scent, perfect for all occasions. 

This is another product I received courtesy of Pink Parcel in one of my more recent monthly boxes. It's the Bourjois Dark Khol Mascara, a product I hadn't really heard of before I received it. However, I have been using it throughout October and I've been absolutely loving it. Really good quality and really easy to reply. It also doesn't fall down your face during the day which is a huge bonus for me personally because that is incredibly annoying.

And of course it wouldn't be a monthly favourites without this month's favourite candle! I got this 3 wick copper candle from Next for £12 which I thought was a very reasonable price for a large candle such as this one. I cant actually find this on the Next website to find out what the scent of it was but I believe it was sandalwood and something else, try looking at your local Next Home department and see if you can find it and give it a sniff because it's a lovely smell! Plus, it's copper and we all know copper is totally in at the moment, it just looks super pretty sitting pride of place in the middle of my windowsill.

The final favourite of mine is actually a bit of a cheat, well actually, I suppose it's not. Let me explain, I've been watching a lot more TV recently and I've fallen in love with 2 programmes. The first is River which I've been watching throughout October and absolutely loving. If you haven't seen it yet, go catch up on BBC iPlayer because it's brilliant! And the second is The Bachelor. I caught the last episode of The Bachelorette and then moved onto The Bachelor. The reason I think this is a bit of a cheat is because this was right at the end of October and into November the last couple of days so it isn't really a October favourite... But I included it anyway! You can catch up with the first 2 episodes of The Bachelor on ITV Player or it is on ITVbe at some point during the week, I believe it's a Friday but you would need to double check.

What are your current faves?

Love, Becca
-xoxo



18 comments:

  1. I have that EOS lip balm and love it! It smells delicious and is so easy to use. Great post!

    Tash x
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink eyeshadow (or highlight ;)) is absolutely stunning! Great favorites! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made a product you wouldn't normally use (pink eyeshadow) into a highlighter, super smart and money saving haha.
    Dalal x
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really is! Thought it was a pretty good idea to be honest! Thanks Dalal x

      Delete
  4. I love the One Direction perfume too! I really want to try some eos lipbalms and the strawberry sorbet one is definitely top of the list!
    ellenelizabethxo.blogspot.co.uk
    Ellen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1D perfume is the one eos is also the one! Thanks Ellen x

      Delete
  5. The Bourgois mascara looks really cool, I've never heard of it before though, I must give it a try.
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really really good, better than I thought it was going to be by miles x

      Delete
  6. I've never seen the Bourjois mascara, it sounds so amazing. I'm a sucker for new mascaras. Really lovely post.

    blondelamode.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mascara is my guilty pleasure... You should definitely try it out, thanks Liv x

      Delete
  7. I live for EOS lip balms, so so lovely!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really wan to try an EOS lip balm, I'm so boring with just plain ol' chapstick. The candle is really pretty too, I love the idea of being a candle enthusiast but never actually buy them, but who knows maybe this winter I will slowly build up my candle collection x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good and even smell amazing - end up eating most of it off my lips! Candles are my guilty pleasure, you can never have too many! X

      Delete
  9. i love the look of all of these products so much (particularly the highlighter the colour is amazing). i'm definitely trying out the make-up wipes as i always find it such a struggle to take eye make-up off... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recommend these products enough Aleks! x

      Delete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC