Monday 26 October 2015

Drugstore Beauty Haul

Long time no see! 

I know I've been incredible inactive at the moment, but I tried to work the guest posts I had around this time where I haven't had much time to write a post myself so I hope you enjoyed those posts from Peter and Kate - I think we can all agree they were fabulous posts! 

I did explain briefly on my last post that I am going to struggle to be posting regularly now that I have started my A levels because I honestly just don't have the time. If I could make a living out of this and not have to go to school, there's no doubt in the matter I would be doing this. But, unfortunately that's not how things work so my blog is going to have to take the back seat for now. I'm not giving this up completely or at all, I am still going to be posting as regularly as I find myself able to because I love doing this so much I don't want to stop completely. I just hope everyone understands that school is really important right now and so posts aren't going to have any particular schedule, it will literally just be whenever I can. I feel absolutely awful and it really upsets me that I cant post as regularly as I would like to but it has to be done and I know a lot of people will be able to relate to that.

Anyway, enough of me rambling about how time consuming A levels are and onto the actual post for today!

Since getting my first job back in August, I've had a little extra money in my pocket so I took the opportunity to replenish my makeup collection a little. I didn't go mad because I have some control, but there's a little bit here that I thought I'd share with you lovely lot!

I was desperate for a new foundation and one of my friends recommended the L'Oreal Infalliable 24 Hour Foundation to me after she saw it in one of Zoe's videos and so far I can totally understand why because I'm loving it! This was £9.99 which to me is a very affordable price for a foundation. Stay tuned for a a review!

I have recently developed a love for Topshop lipsticks. I bought this one first and then went back to get another which you will see next, and this definitely isn't the end of my Topshop lipstick collection! This is one of the birthday ones I believe and it is in the shade 'Beguiled'. It's a very deep berry tone so it's perfect for the Autumn and Winter months! 

So after absolutely loving 'Beguiled' I went back to get a colour that is completely out of my comfort zone... purple... I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull it off but I really wanted to try and I honestly love it so far! This one is in the shade 'Inhibition' and it's another perfect Autumn and Winter colour. For only £8, Topshop lipsticks are totally affordable.

I realise that I am very late to the band wagon on the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and I honestly have no idea why. The first time I used it I literally said 'oh my god' out loud! It's brilliant! Someone tell me why I didn't get this sooner! For £4.19 you really can't knock it! 

Another Topshop piece is their eyeshadow pencil in the shade 'Vicious Circle'. This is slightly too dark for the colour of my eyebrows but by using the brush on the other end to blend it out, it looks the perfect shade, I've never been a person for spending hours on my eyebrows because to be honest it's my least favourite part and I just can't be bothered to mess around with them. So, for me a pencil is the easiest way, very lazy, I know. Someone come teach me how to do them properly please? I believe this was about £6 which again is super affordable.

Just to add to my brush collection, I picked up the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush because it's one that I've wanted for a little while now. My brush collection is something that I feel quite proud of so far and I am continuing to grow it, most of it is Real Techniques to be honest. Can't really knock them... This was £9.99 which I think is a fair price for a brush of this quality.

And that was my little spend! I hope you enjoyed this as my first post back after a little while and I hope it won't be too long before I have another one up for you! Taking advantage of this week off and getting some posts written for you so I have something to put up over the next few weeks! Hate abandoning you all! 

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them?

Love, Becca
-xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Collection Concealer, Such an amazing underrated product! Hides the fact I drink coffee 6+ times a day ahah, loved the post hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yess! I'm so glad you're back. I'm in the same position with A levels and completely understand how you feel, I'm constantly doing some work. It's so hard to actually find time for yourself or even your blog, which makes me really sad. Anyway, this was a really lovely post, I used to be so obsessed with that foundation but, found it was difficult to find an accurate shade.

    blondelamode.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get you so hard to do anything but school work! The one vanilla seems to work pretty well for me, or at least I think it does! Thanks liv x

      Delete
  3. I love both of the Topshop lipsticks you picked up, I need to try some of their lipsticks! Good luck with your a-levels!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing I couldn't recommend them enough! Thanks Alice x

      Delete
  4. I would love to see a ‘Guide to Gcses’ because now that I am in year 11, I’m hardly coping!! I literally don’t know how you would blog and still revise and get AWESOME results! Enough of me rambling about Gcses. I STILL need to buy the collection concealer asap.

    Ambra x
    Fridays are fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a surviving GCSEs post Ambra! I'll link it for ya ;) It's such a good concealer and I really think you should try it! x

      http://beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/surviving-gcses.html

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! I love the concealer and the real techniques brush! What a levels are you taking?

    - Jess xxx

    Heyitisjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Psychology, Textiles and Media Studies x

      Delete
  6. Lovely post Becca, I NEED to get my hands on some of those Topshop lipsticks - they look amazing! Don't worry about being inactive though, I'm exactly the same! So so snowed under with all this school work!
    Nia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are fab! I didn't realise how much work I was going to have and how hard it was going to be to keep up with everything! Hope you're managing okay Nia x

      Delete
  7. I've always wanted to try the infallible foundations and the lipsticks just look stunning. I completely understand about your lack of posting, I am in a similar situation, my A levels have taken over and I never realised how much work it was going to be. Lovely post as Always Becca
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The foundation and lipsticks are all amazing and I highly recommend them all! It's so much to take on all at once, just have to do as much as we can. Thanks Katie x

      Delete
  8. I love the expert face brush as well, it's amazing! And the Topshop lipsticks are such beautiful colors, the only shade I own is infrared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real Techniques is perfect, as are Topshop lippies! Infrared is another one I want x

      Delete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC