Wednesday 12 July 2017

Prom Makeup

It is now well into prom season and most of you have probably already had your proms... But just in case you haven't or you have a prom coming up next year here's a little bit of inspiration for you!
I have actually worn this makeup look for a night out too so it's suitable for any occasion!

Quick little insert of my outfit in case any of you were interested!



And here's a close-up of the makeup look I am going to share with you!



I am only really going to cover the eyes in this post because the rest was all pretty basic and standard anyway and I was very proud of my eyes as I haven't always been the most talented in makeup so when this turned out pretty much perfectly on the night of prom, I was rather impressed with myself!

Primer: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
I started off by putting this all over my lid to ensure that the eyeshadow didn't crease because it was a very long night and the last thing I wanted was my eyeshadow to fall off!

Base Colour: NYX Eyeshadow
I'm not sure what shade this is because the palette was made up by one of my friends for my birthday but it works really well as a base for the glitter on the inner corner and inner half of the lid as it's just a very light silver.

Outer Colour: Urban Decay NAKED Palette - Gunmetal
I used this colour to create the smokey effect in the outer corners and just blended it right out so there was no clear line separating the skin and the shadow.

Eyeliner: Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner in the shade 001 - 100% Black
I did this step before I put the glitter on so that the glitter didn't cause me problems when putting the eyeliner on as it can sometimes go lumpy and bumpy if you put it on over the top of the glitter. This way you can just touch up the eyeliner later. I did also use tape for all of the eyeshadow and eyeliner steps to ensure I had a straight line and to prevent some of the fall down onto the cheeks.

Glitter Primer: NYX Glitter Primer
I used a small angled brush to apply this to the section of the eye I wanted the glitter to stick to. In this case, I put glitter on the areas where the lighter shadow was on the inner half of the lid.

Glitter: NYX Face and Body Glitter Brilliants - number 10 (silver)
I then used a small fluffy brush to accurately place the glitter in the areas I wanted it. I patted the lid lightly to ensure the glitter was stuck to the glue and wouldn't drop down my face through the night.

Mascara: Maybelline Lash Sensational
I only put a small amount of this on my upper lashes as I did put false lashes on but I applied a normal amount to the bottom lashes to make them stand out just as much.

Lashes: Eylure London - Texture No. 157
I applied these lashes using the Eylure glue that comes with them. I also used the Eylure lash applicator tool to apply them - this is great for anyone who struggles to get lashes on! I did have to cut the lashes down slightly to make them fit my eyes so make sure you check this before you put the glue on.


And that is basically it! I did my skin makeup after this and then used my Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray to finish it off and I was ready to go!

I hope you enjoyed my first real post back!
Until next time...
Bx


1 comment:

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC