Tuesday 19 August 2014

7 Deadly Sins of Makeup TAG

Half way through another week! Only a week and a half left until back to school! It can't just be me who thinks this summer has gone waaaay too fast!? :(

I got tagged by my darling friends Beth and Jess to do this TAG so thanks guys! You can check Beth's blog out here and you can head on over to Jess' blog here, I said you can but I really mean you will have to because its amazing and you should read it :) After you've read this of course ;)

I'm also going to insert a link to all of the products I talk about so you can go check them out by clicking on the links :)

I'll stop rambling now and get on with the TAG :)

Greed: What is your most expensive beauty item?




I own a lot of Benefit and a couple of MAC items. Having said that, a lot of my Benefit products are tester size but I know the most expensive one is my Hoola Bronzer coming in at £23.50 from Boots or any other Benefit counter. I love this bronzer to death, I use it every day without fail and it really helps to even out my contour and my tan on my face. This product has also lasted me a really long time, I probably haven't used it every single day since I got it 8 months ago but I know I've used it a lot and I've hardly made a dent!

Wrath: What item do you have a love/hate relationship with?




I love the majority of my makeup products but I think my Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation can go either way. I love that it's very hydrating and that it highlights my skin and makes me look more awake but I have really oily skin and I find that this foundation can be slightly too dewy on some days which doesn't really coordinate very well with my ridiculously oily skin. I've actually got none left at the moment because I've used it all up but I have a temptation to repurchase but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not...Decisions decisions! This foundation is priced at around £8.99 from Boots and Superdrug.

Gluttony: What brand takes up most of your collection?




Apologies, my brushes are disgustingly dirty - I haven't had a chance to clean them for a while!


I'm actually having to go up and check my collection for this one because I have absolutely no idea!
After having a good look at my makeup collection I've decided that Real Techniques Brushes hold pride of place in my collection and I most definitely have more of them than anything else! I love these brushes to death and I wouldn't change anything about them for the world! I own 9 of the Real Techniques Brushes:

  • Buffing Brush
  • Contour Brush
  • Detailer Brush
  • Pointed Foundation Brush
  • Brow Brush
  • Deluxe Crease Brush
  • Accent Brush
  • Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush
  • Base Shadow Brush
I didn't buy all of these separately as they came as 2 sets, the 'Real Techniques Core Collection 1403' coming in at £21.99 from Boots and the 'Real Techniques Starter Set 1406' also coming in at £21.99 in Boots.

Sloth: What product do you neglect the most due to laziness?




I think I neglect my Benefit High Beam the most because I either forget or I can't be bothered to blend it in. I love the way the product makes my skin look once I've put it on and it's fully blended in but sometimes I feel like it's a bit of a tedious process and I just can't be bothered to do it. I really do want to try using it more though because it is a tester but it's a tester that I know is going to last me a really long time. Full size, I believe this product comes in at around £19.50.

Pride: What product gives you the most confidence?




100% my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation by miles. I've had this foundation since Christmas and I've had to stop using it so much because I'm running out and I currently have no money to repurchase it! I've mentioned this product in a previous post in slightly more detail which you can read here. I believe it comes in at around £9.99 from Boots so it's not extremely cheap but it's 110% worth it!

Lust: What item is top of your beauty wishlist?

At the moment, it's the Urban Decay NAKED Palettes. (I've only posted the link to NAKED 1 but there is also NAKED 2 and NAKED 3 which I also really want!) I know that they're really expensive and I do want all of them but obviously I'm not going to buy them all at once because that would cost me waaay too much! They are right at the top of my Christmas list though!

Envy: Which makeup product/look looks great on others but not you?




I have this MAC lipstick and I know so many people will have heard of this colour (if you watch or read Tanya Burr).. It's the Matte Candy Yum Yum one...Tanya looked SO good in it when I've seen pictures so I asked for it for Christmas last year and I got it. I've only ever worn it once and that was to try it out. It's SO bright I can't even explain to you how bright it is and I'm just not confident enough to wear it because I'm not sure if it looks right! How do you do it Tanya!?



I hope you enjoyed reading this TAG because I really enjoyed writing it! Thanks for tagging me Beth!

Keep your eyes peeled for a new post on Friday!

Becca x

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous I want Decent brushes my current foundation brush is from Primark. I am a disgrace I know.
    Also the Naked Palettes are everything I want and need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had rubbish brushes up until Christmas!!
      Naked palettes are life.

      Delete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC