Monday 25 August 2014

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge!

Hello! Second post of the weekend - doesn't happen very often don't get used to it!!

I posted yesterday but I thought that I should post about something else I did yesterday following my back to school post. 

I'm sure we've all seen many many MANY ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos because they are ALL OVER the internet right now but it's all for a good cause. I believe that some Ice Bucket/Cold Water challenges are done for Macmillan also. 

I think it's great fun but it's also a great way to raise money for charity. I believe ALS TDI is like Motor Nurone Disease but I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on that but all I know is that it's a serious illness that needs a cure which is what the Ice Bucket Challenge is raising money for. 

I feel like a lot of people aren't seeing this challenge as a charity event but just as a bit of fun which is why I thought I would make a short post about it. 

It is a serious illness and I think we all need a little reminder of what were doing this challenge for every now and again so don't forget to donate!

I was nominated yesterday by my friend Layla so my boyfriend Matty took the pleasure of tipping a bucket of ice water over my head - not before it did it to him might I just add!! 

I also nominated some of my friends so a lot of them got it over the head earlier today which was great fun!! 

I can't post the video on my blog but I thought I'd post a couple of screenshots! If you do want to watch the video it is on my Instagram in 2 parts @beccacockburnx and it is also shared on my Facebook page Trinket Box Blog so please go and check that out if you're interested!! Enjoy the photos!








Remember to check out the videos if you fancy it!! 

See you tomorrow with part 2 of the back to school series! 

Bec x

2 comments:

  1. Haha you looked like you had fun! Thanks for clearing up what ALS is, I wasn't too sure myself. maybe I'll try the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't fun at first but afterwards it was quite funny to watch the video! I didn't know what ALS was either until I researched it, glad it helped!

      Delete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC