Monday 25 August 2014

Back to School Makeup Idea

Happy Bank Holiday Monday to you all!

I hope you enjoyed my little bonus post yesterday! Back on track for this week though!

Like I said at the weekend, I'm continuing my back to school theme until Wednesday so today you are getting a a makeup tutorial that I think is quite quick and simple for going back to school.

This is my recent favourite that I've been using not for school as it's the holidays but I've been using it when I've needed to be up and out early or when I haven't left myself enough time to do proper makeup...

So I photographed every stage of the process which took me about half an hour in total but it doesn't take that long to do in real life it's just because I was having to take photos!

Little disclaimer, I'm not a makeup artist or anything - I'm only 15 so please don't shout at me if I do something wrong! This is just the way that I like to do things.

I'm also going to link all of the products so you can go check out their prices etc. by clicking on the name of the product!

Finally, please feel free to leave out any steps you need to if you think your school may not allow it or if you just don't need it! This is a tutorial that is suited to me - it's up to you how you follow it.

Enjoy!


Enjoy a little awkward-no-makeup wave from me there! (Apologies for the messy room! I tried to make the background as a appealing as possible, didn't really work!)


After washing my face with multiple skincare products...
Beauty Formulas Oil Control Exfoliating Facial Scrub (no link available sorry!)


Moisturiser always comes first! (Also apologies for chipped nail varnish...need to find some time to sort it out!) Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser.



Before I apply any makeup I always try to look for any stray eyebrow hairs whilst my moisturiser soaks into my skin. Tweezerman Hot Pink Tweezers.


The first makeup product I use is my Benefit Boi-ing concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes on my skin. You may notice I have a few on my forehead due to having a full fringe there every day. One thing I will say is DO NOT pop or squeeze your spots. It leaves you with so many scars and I got addicted to doing it and now I'm having to try really hard to stop because my skin is awful now. Listen to your parents kids. To apply my concealer I always use my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush because I think it works really well under the eyes.


Foundation comes next... I reviewed this Maybelline FIT me foundation in particular here if you would like to hear about it in more detail. I apply the foundation with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush which is my favourite out of the Real Techniques brushes I own. If you have better skin than me you may be able to miss out this step! 


To set my foundation and concealer I use my MUA Pressed Powder. This is in shade 3 so it is towards the darker end but it's my summer powder so I mainly use it when I  have a tan. I continue to use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush for powder because I think it sets the powder on the skin really well.


Cheeky snap of me applying the powder... ;)


The next product I used was my Benefit Hoola bronzer which I ADORE with all my heart. It's my favourite bronzer out of the ones I've tried so far - it is on the pricey side but in my opinion it's totally worth it. To apply this I'm using my Bare Minerals Flawless Face Brush which is getting a bit worse for wear now but it does the job well enough.


Another MUA product because they're so cheap yet such good quality (well...some products) This is one of their standard powder blushes in the shade 'Bubblegum'. You don't need much of this product so make sure not to overload or you'll look like a clown! To apply blush I always use my Real Techniques Contour Brush. I know blush isn't what it's meant for but it works well enough for me!


Moving on slightly to the eyes with my Tweezerman eyelash curlers. PLEASE for God's sake be careful with these if you're using them don't pull your eyelashes out! 


For eyeshadow I'm using my Spectacular Cosmetics (I've never heard of the brand either) single eyeshadow in the colour 'Montana' (no link available sorry!). This shade is like a champagne sort of colour that goes onto the eyes with a white/silvery look to it. I applied this with my only e.l.f. brush which is the Professional Eyeshadow Brush and I really want to get another one because it's SO good for applying eyeshadow I can't even explain to you.


What the eyeshadow looks like after application!






To line my upper lash-line I'm using shade number 11 from my MUA Undressed eyeshadow palette. I also reviewed this product in detail here. I've been really enjoying using eyeshadow instead of eyeliner because I think it gives a much softer effect and it's so much less hassle to put on! I'm applying this with my Real Techniques Accent Brush.


Sorry about the quality my camera wouldn't focus but this is what it looked like after I used the black to line my lash-line!



I'm going to use my MUA palette again to fill in my eyebrows slightly. I'm only filling them in today because I have my fringe pinned back so they need some extra definition. If it was a day where I was having my fringe down, I wouldn't bother with my brows because no one can see them! To fill in my brows I'm using the Real Techniques Brow Brush which is perfect for what it claims to be used for!


Going back to my eyes now where I use 2 different mascaras currently. I apply my W7 Lashtastic first and then my Benefit They're Real afterwards. I'm not really too sure why I do this I just like the effect it gives!


Before applying any lip colour I will always apply a lip balm and my current favourite is my eos Strawberry Sorbet lip balm which I talked about in detail here.


The lip colour I decided on today was my MUA lipstick in shade 11 as it's my favourite nude-ish lipstick at the moment. It's so easy to wear and so affordable at only £1 a pop! 


Another cheeky photo of the application!!


Lipstick after application!



And finally a little pose for the final look!

I feel like this post was a lot of photos just thrown in your face but it's the only way I can do makeup tutorials on here because I'm just not comfortable trying the whole YouTube thing again...

I hope you enjoyed it none the less!

Wednesday's post will include a number of back to school hairstyles for you so keep a look out for that if you're interested!

Until then!

Becca x































No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC