Monday 11 August 2014

Hair Care: Full Fringe

It's Monday! Only 3 weeks left of Summer until back to school! :(

I hope you guys enjoyed the Frozen post yesterday, it may not have been for everyone but I wanted to post it and my friends enjoyed reading it too.

Today I'm going to talk about my new hair because I got it cut last Thursday and I haven't done a post about it yet because I've had other things to talk about!
Basically I'm just going to talk about my hair routine that I use daily. This routine has changed slightly to what I would normally do because having a fringe requires much more attention!
I don't think I've done a hair care routine on here before but that's just me thinking off the top of my head - correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember doing one! So there you go, enjoy!





I use a mixture of 2 shampoos because I have both greasy hair and I also get dandruff so I have to treat both cons that my hair comes with! My favourite is the Alberto Balsam one because it smells really nice but unfortunately that does nothing for having an extremely dry and flaky scalp!
Some days I only wash my fringe e.g. sometimes it's every other day because I'm lazy basically! I hear a lot of people with fringes wash their fringe but not the rest of their hair. If you've never had a fringe you won't understand but fringes get greasy way easier than the rest of your hair does!



When I get out the shower, I use my Argan oil when my hair is still wet. I've just recently bought this Argan oil hair mask that I haven't tried yet but it sounds really good so I will let you guys know how I get on with that.
I love the effect Argan oil has on my hair and so I thought it would be a good buy. The hair mask says to be applied and rinsed off when hair is damp so I thought I'd include it at this stage.


While my hair is still wet, I will usually apply the Trevor Sorbie Beautifully Straightened lightweight serum. I have to straighten my fringe in order for it to stay in place all day so using this serum really helps my hair to stay straight all day. This product also really works well on the rest of my hair if I'm straightening it all.



Next I will dry my hair using the Remington ionic hair dryer with the normal end piece. To dry my fringe I will always use this barrel brush because it gets the curve I need my fringe to have. 
I'm unfortunate enough to have a "cows lick" or "widow's peak" - whatever you want to call it - but it is the most annoying thing in the world if you have a fringe and so drying it with a barrel brush really helps to get rid of the problem.



 ALWAYS USE HEAT DEFENCE SPRAY BEFORE STRAIGHTENING YOUR HAIR!


The straighteners I use are the Thermo Ceramics and I love them, I'd never heard of Thermo until I got these but I've had them for about 3 years and I've never had any problems with them.






Sorry these last few photos are weirdly positioned but my laptop isn't working and I just can't move or type anything in between them which is really annoying! At the minute I'm just using Sainsbury's own extra firm hold hairspray and it's doing alright for me.
The last thing I will do to my hair is spray a little bit of this Toni & Guy Finishing Shine Spray which smells just amazing and it makes my hair feel really soft and looks shiny as well so that's always a plus for me! 

So sorry I had a few technical difficulties at the end there but I hope you enjoyed reading the post all the same! 

See you on Wednesday! 

Bec x

2 comments:

  1. Love your fringe! It suits you so well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! Fancied a change! Hope you're having a good time in San Fran! x

      Delete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC