Saturday 15 November 2014

"No Makeup" Makeup Tutorial

It's eventually the weekend again and what a long week it's been! 

Little bit of an update for you, I had a vaccination at school on Thursday and those of you who have followed my blog for a long time will know that needles are by FAR my worst fear! It didn't go very well but I did get it done! The fact that I cried my eyes out and ended up in the medical room afterwards is another story for another day...

Today I thought I'd do a makeup tutorial that I've actually been wanting to do for a while now but just never got round to it but now it's here! 

Sorry the lighting in the photos isn't great but with the dark nights creeping in and being at school all day throughout the week makes it really hard to get photos taken in day light!

I also understand that for some people, this won't really be a "no makeup" makeup tutorial but that all depends on what you're allowed to wear for school/work etc. or what your personal style is. I personally normally wear quite a lot of makeup so although it may not look it, this is quite minimal for me. 

The idea behind this post is for people who maybe aren't supposed to wear much or no makeup for school or work and it's just something you may get some tips from. It can also be used as a really quick makeup look if you're in a rush because this didn't take me very long at all!

Please also be sure to take out any steps that you don't like or don't have the equipment to do - it's just a starting point! I would love to see photos if anyone does try this look or tries something similar if you follow me on Instagram, Twitter etc. and if you don't, well you should! ;) 

Enjoy!

Step 1: Apply a light foundation. I chose Bourjois Healthy Mix because it's currently my favourite however as you can see I have a very very small amount left which makes me really sad. If you have good skin, please miss out this step because you don't need it!


 Step 2: Apply some concealer on any blemishes or under your eyes if need be. If you missed out the foundation step, you may want to do this instead or if you don't need or prefer not to wear skin makeup then miss this step out too! The concealer I used here was the Boi-ing by Benefit.


Step 3: Powder (MUA Pressed Powder) which again, is up to you what you do with this. Again, running really low! Christmas can't come soon enough!


Step 4: Blusher (MUA Blusher in Bubblegum) This is my current go-to blusher because it is so pigmented you wouldn't believe it considering it's only £1. A tiny bit of this on the end of your brush adds a very slight colour to your cheeks giving that 'I just took a quick walk in the wind' look...


Step 5: Now we're onto eyes (sorry I didn't realise this photo was blurred when I took it!) I used my Lipsy London Nighttime Goddess palette and I have inserted an image of the colour I chose to use below this one. 


This is a very simple champagne type of colour with a slight shimmer. If you don't think you could get away with this at school or work then maybe you could go for something a little more subtle but I think this adds the effect that you've tried but not too hard because it's not really obvious. 


Step 6: Curl your eyelashes. I'm using my Tweezerman ones here but curling your eyelashes adds extra effect which means you don't really have to put on as much mascara and it also holds in place quite well after being curled. If you don't wear mascara, curling your lashes is a good idea for making them look that little bit better without having to do too much.


Step 7: Apply mascara (W7 Flirty Eyes) again, if you want to miss this step out please do but this makes your lashes look so good and for a W7 product which is only £1.99 I believe, this mascara works wonders! 


 Step: Eyebrows (MUA Eyeshadow Palette 'Undressed') I have shown which colour I used in the image below this one. This is one step probably a lot of people will miss out but filling in your eyebrows could potentially mean you don't have to do anything much to your face elsewhere if anything. Personally, my eyebrows have to be filled in at least a little bit or I feel naked - but that's just me!


 Shade 6 in the MUA Undressed Eyeshadow Palette


And then you're finished!


I hope you enjoyed this post and I also hope that the lighting wasn't too bad - turned the flash on right at the end and realised the quality was better with it on! Oh well! 

I would also like to know what you guys think of the background for this post. I know some of my school books are in the left hand corner there but other than that, I feel like this is a nicer background than the one that I have used in previous posts but I'll let you guys be the judge of that! 

I'm planning on publishing the Autumn TAG tomorrow as I was nominated by the wonderful Nia of NiaElinorMair so go check her out if you haven't already!

See you tomorrow then!

Bec x




















No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC