Sunday 4 January 2015

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015!

I'm back again! Miracle for this time of year, I know! I go back to school tomorrow and I have a lot of homework to do but this little post I'm about to do right here is me taking a little break from my homework....

I know it's already the 4th of January so really, 2014 is well gone now but I still thought I'd do a little post about what 2014 has brought to me!

The first main thing that happened in 2014 was I made this blog! Some of you may or may not know that I had a blog before this one, however I abandoned that one and took a little break and made a fresh start in March last year and I think that was the best decision I could have made.
I always say that blogging is never about the followers and the pageviews etc. but we all think about it truth be told. When I logged back into my old blog yesterday I'm still on 1000 views and no followers. Now I know that the amount of followers and pageviews on this blog is nothing compared to some but I hit 13,000 pageviews this morning and I now have almost 30 followers on Bloglovin! Now that is incredible for me and I couldn't be more happy with it. Cringe as I leave the link to my very first blog  post here...


Of course, probably the most important thing that has happened to my blog since I started was the change of name! Obviously this blog was originally Trinket Box at the very beginning but as time went on I felt like this name was a rushed thing that came into my head at the time and I didn't like it and so I chose to change it to Becca Emily which of course, is my first and middle name. Simple as that. I'm much happier with the way my blog is looking now that I've changed the name and I feel this was for the better!


Back in May of 2014 I went to see One Direction live for the second time. This was without a doubt, one of the best nights of my life and I will never ever forget it. I wrote a post about it which you can read here if you are a fellow directioner yourself! I'm not going to see the One Direction tour this year mainly because me and my best friend went to the Take Me Home tour in 2013 and the Where We Are tour in 2014 so we decided that we didn't really need to go and see them again especially looking at how expensive the tickets are. I would definitely go and see them again if I got the opportunity but for now I really don't mind as I've seen them twice before!


I also went to London for the "first" time in 2014. I put first in inverted commas because I have been before however I was about 2 and I really don't remember a thing about it! I only went for the day but it was a lovely day out and I got to see all of the things I wanted to see other than shopping so that means I have to go back because I didn't get the opportunity to shop! ;) I also wrote a post about my trip to London here so you can go and have a look at that if you fancy it!


In 2014 I also took part in my first ever sponsored PR review. This doesn't sound very exciting but for me it really was. I got sent some of the So...? collection on the basis that I wrote an honest review about it and that was something that was really exciting for me! If you would still like to read this review you can do so by clicking here!


In 2014 I did so many fun things with my best friends as well such as bike rides, trips to the beach and even a day out in Edinburgh! You can read about all of these trips by clicking the link on the title. I'm so pleased to call these girls my best friends and I don't know where I'd be without them. I know half of them will be reading this so I love yous! We've all had our bumps along the way but were still here for each other and I love them very muchly indeed :)


I think one of the most popular things of 2014 was the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge which I myself, took part in. I don't know many people who didn't take part in this challenge as it was something that all of my friends and family also did for a good cause. Of course we all donated to the ALS charity too! Did you take part? 


I also finally made my first properly organised lookbook for Autumn and Winter in 2014! Both of these you can read by clicking the links but I was rather proud of my Autumn Lookbook in particular, the Winter Lookbook was done slightly differently which in some ways didn't work out as well as I had hoped but both still went really well for first attempts! 

And to top it all off I had an amazing Christmas and New Year starting with BLOGMAS and ending with a lovely New Year party at my house with close friends!

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did because I actually thought it was really nice to sit down and have a look back through all of the things that I've done on my blog since March. I didn't really know how much I'd done! I'm on my 112th post now! Mental! 

2014 was a great year and I cant wait to see what 2015 has in store! I have a few things beginning to take shape already but those won't be revealed until later! 

Happy New Year to you all once again, I hope 2015 is good to you!

Becca x



10 comments:

  1. I love this post Becca! I also attended One Direction in May and it was the best day ever haha! I'm really happy that we both started blogs this year as I get to read a little incite to your life that I wouldn't normally and I find that exciting. Hoping 2015 bring new blogging opportunities for us both x

    Rosejess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you longtime, so proud of you with your blog lately. Love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! Looks like you had an awesome year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so interesting to read some of your earlier posts compared to now! I cringe so hard when reading mine...
    Also, love the skirt in the picture from your lookbook, where did you get it?

    Nia xx

    http://niaelinormair.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't read then, just found the post and linked it in! I think I'd die of embarrassment if I did!! The skirt was actually a Primark find believe it or not! I also have a blue one :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you've had an amazing 2014 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and love it, I loved reading this post and looking back on your memories! So jealous that you've seen 1D twice!!

    - Jess xx

    heyitisjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! They were amazing both times! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Becca x

      Delete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC